The Claudette Burger
This favorite burger of the Ameden family, was named in honor of a feisty old friend. Stuffed with a surprise of artisan cheese, grilled to medium rare and served with all the fixings, this quick meal turns the humble burger into a special weeknight treat.
Serves 3 to 4
1 lb Under Orion Farm, grass fed ground beef (of course!)
1 tb chopped garlic
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup oats or bread crumbs (optional)
salt & pepper
1 egg, farm fresh and lightly beaten
8 oz of Cellars of Jasper Hill Clothbound Cheddar, chopped into 3 to 4 portions or your favorite sharp VERMONT cheddar
3 to 4 hearty whole grain rolls, toasted in the pan with a bit of butter
Your choice of favorite condiments and fixings.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, mixing lightly, until just combined.
- Divide the meat mixture into 3 or 4 balls
- Take a portion of cheese and stuff into the middle of each ball of meat, completely encasing the cheese and forming a patty around it.
- On a hot griddle or cast iron pan, sear the patties on medium – high heat, cooking to your desired temperature.
- Serve with toasted and buttered rolls and your favorite fixings